Detailed below are the top hash tag items for National Hot Breakfast Month (February).
• Portability – On average, Americans spend about 12 minutes eating breakfast each day and more of those occasions are now on the go. (WSJ)
• Breakfast Sandwiches – Dominate number of tweets. Click on the first link below to get the top heart stoppers in American that will spark your innovative juices.
• Regionalization – Breakfast all day a given; what consumers eat varies by region.
On premise foodservice coffee and tea is a $21.6 billion category (Mintel) exhibiting growth, but constantly being challenged by new retail products. Future category innovation:
• Nitro Coffee – Nitro added to cold brew to create a creamy mouthful.
• Harvest to Cup – Coffee houses will focus on the entire process of making coffee, including using waste/byproducts (e.g., Starbucks Cascara Latte).
• Adult Coffee Beverages – More coffee cocktails.
• Functional Teas – Teas packed with health benefits (e.g., energy boosting, etc.).
Unfortunately we discovered during our December Twitter search, BurgerBusiness, our favorite online publication for burger menu and marketing news shut down. Disappointing! Before they closed their site, they did make some predictions (below):Read More